Cavities can wreak havoc on your smile if left unchecked. Although poor oral hygiene is the cause for most cavities, there are methods for restoring your teeth and preventing further tooth decay from occurring. One of the most popular tooth restoration services our dentists offer at Beachton Denture Clinic and Dental Center is dental fillings.
Destroy your cavities with dental fillings. Listed below are some of the benefits of dental amalgams and composite fillings:
Advantages of composites:
– Composite fillings can be customized to match the color of a tooth.
– Some cavities are too small to be effectively fixed with amalgams. Composites can go closer and deeper to fill these cavities.
– If a composite filling needs to be repaired, the original filling does not need to be removed.
– Composite fillings contain no mercury, which some individuals may be allergic to.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and can prevent tooth fracture.
Advantages of amalgams:
– Dental amalgams have been shown to be more effective and last longer in larger cavities compared to composite fillings.
– Dental amalgams take far less time to place in the dentist’s office.
– Dental amalgams have been around for over 150 years in America with a proven record of long-term success and quality.
Beachton Denture Clinic and Dental Center wants to make your dental fillings as successful and timely as we can. You are welcome to schedule a visit to our office in Thomasville, Georgia. For more information about which service suits you best, please book an oral exam with Dr. McFatter by calling our office at 1-800-521-7275. We look forward to fighting cavities for you!