From the time we pop a few teeth, we are taught how to brush our teeth. However, it tends to become so routine, that we stop thinking about it, and start making mistakes for proper oral health care. In addition, new advances in technology are teaching us more every year on other effective and efficient ways to accomplish the task. Below are ten simple rules to follow:
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Brush for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
– Gently move the brush in small strokes.
– Make sure to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
– Turn the brush vertically, to clean the front teeth.
– Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to keep your breath fresh.
– Clean your teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay can still occur in areas that a toothbrush cannot reach.
– Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups, and limit between-meal snacks.
– Follow the proper steps to caring for your toothbrush.
If you would like to schedule a visit, please call Beachton Denture Clinic and Dental Center at 1-800-521-7275 to speak with a member of our team. You can also visit our office in Thomasville, Georgia. Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.